You have a mystery to solve. Your car has been hit, but you can’t see any visible damage. How should you handle this? Your best course of action is to take your vehicle to a shop for auto body repair in Denver, CO. Just because the bumper isn’t hanging by a thread or your door isn’t caved in doesn’t mean it’s safe to drive. You want to make sure everything is in working order.Ask an auto repair technician to look over your car. When you take it into the shop, explain what happened so they’ll have a starting point for your visit. The damage underneath and inside of a car isn’t as visible as dents and paint scratches. An experienced technician knows what is normal and what is not.
Possibilities for Invisible Damage
Count on your technician to check out the possibilities for invisible damage after a collision. They might have to put your vehicle on a lift to find out what’s wrong. Here are some possibilities:
- Frame – A crash with another car or hitting a curb can impact the frame. As this is what protects your vehicle’s structural integrity, it’s essential to make sure it isn’t bent or moved out of place.
- Alignment – Alignment has to do with your tires and their wear and tear, as well as the steering. After an accident, checking the alignment ensures optimal gas mileage, as well as safe driving.
When you’ve been in a collision, it could cause bending to the actual frame of your car. Sometimes you may not be able to immediately notice this problem, such as if it was caused by hitting a deep pot hole too quickly. That doesn’t mean the issue doesn’t exist.
A bent or damaged frame doesn’t just put your vehicle at risk for more damage; it can put you at risk by severely limiting your ability to control your vehicle. This frame very quickly causes more and more problems with your tires, suspension, and just about any other part of your car that rests on it. If the frame is too bent, then you may not even be able to drive in a straight line anymore.
After an accident, you always want to make sure that you take your vehicle to a specialist for auto body repair in Denver, CO. Skilled technicians can look over your vehicle and let you know what is damaged and the best course of action on getting it repaired. Remember, the longer you drive in a car or truck that has been in a collision without taking it to a repair specialist, the more repairs you will need.
When those nasty storms come blowing through, they can bring devastating hail crashing down onto your car. While smaller pieces of hail might cause some dents and scratches, bigger hail pieces can end up puncturing the body of your vehicle and even causing internal damage to your car’s engine, windows, or interior.
When a nasty hail storm has your vehicle looking worse for wear, you are going to want to take it to a trusted mechanic for auto body repair in Denver, CO. These professionals can quickly assess the damage caused to your vehicle, and then begin the necessary repairs so your car or truck can get back to looking like new again.
There isn’t much you can do to stop hail from damaging your vehicle, unfortunately, depending on where you are at the time. If you can pull into a garage, use a tarp, or otherwise cover up your vehicle, you can avoid some damage. When big hail pieces fall with enough velocity, however, Mother Nature is going to win the day. At least with proper auto body repairs, you won’t have to drive around with the scars of her victory.
Count on the team at Jewell Collision to assist you with any hail damage issues.
Damage to your car isn’t something you want an amateur to deal with. When it comes to auto body repair in Denver, CO, it is always important to work with a trained and skilled professional. We’ve taken the time to list out the benefits that come with working with a specialist:
- Computerized Estimates – Most people want to have a good idea exactly how much their repair services are going to be before any work begins. By using computerized estimates, specialists are able to give you as accurate as possible an estimate so you can plan accordingly.
- Precision Frame Repairs – A serious collision doesn’t just damage the body of your vehicle, but can also cause damage to the frame. You need to know that your frame is returned as closely as possible to the original factory specifications. Only the state-of-the-art equipment at a professional auto body shop can do this for you.
- Computerized Parts Ordering – A professional ensures that the right parts for your vehicle are ordered the first time so there are no delays in getting back your car.
- Expert Technician Repairs –You don’t want to go to a repair specialist who doesn’t have the equipment and qualifications necessary to handle your car’s issues. These technicians have the training necessary to restore your vehicle.
- Computerized Color Matching – Avoid awkward coloring mishaps by ensuring that any new paint added to your vehicle matches the existing paint.